Improve the Air Quality in Your Home
Do you have a pet? Are you new to a home or have you just had a remodel completed? Are you worried about allergies or poor air indoor quality? If so, you may want to think about having your duct work cleaned.
Duct cleaning can have a major effect on good indoor air quality, but it’s often the most overlooked service that homeowners receive. The reason is simple – most people just have no idea how dirty their home’s duct work is.
Is Duct Cleaning Necessary for a Healthier Home?
There have been countless articles written about whether ducts really need to be cleaned. Even the EPA has weighed in and publicly stated that duct cleaning is only necessary in “certain circumstances”.
We at Envirocare disagree for the following reasons:
- Dust from everyday living congregates in air ducts, dust aggravates breathing.
- Pet dander lands and stays within ductwork.
- Homes are being built airtight to save on energy costs. This traps unhealthy air particles and recirculates them within the home.
- Most homeowners don’t change air handler filters regularly enough. This decreases air handler efficiency and causes more unhealthy air to be pushed into living areas.
- Rodent droppings and dead animals are frequently found within duct work.
- Mold can be hidden deep in supply lines and not be visible.
Deciding to Get Your Ducts Cleaned
How is a Duct Cleaning Performed?
We believe the most efficient method of duct cleaning is with negative air. This method of duct cleaning will suck dirt, dust and debris from all your duct work after it has been agitated, leaving your home and its duct work fresh and clean.
During the process we will:
- Clean the interior and exterior of your air handling unit.
- Change filters.
- Clean supply/return registers and grills.
- Clean the supply and return ductwork.
- Clean the interior of main trunk lines.
- Clean accessible coil lines
- Deodorize and disinfect ductwork.
How Can You Tell if Your Duct Work is Dirty?
At Envirocare we offer a free inspection to all homes prior to any work being done. At this inspection we can show you the interior of your duct work with a specialized camara. We’ll also provide you with a free estimate of what it will take to get your ducts clean.
How long does it take to clean ducts?
There are a variety of factors that will affect the length of time it takes to clean your home’s duct work, but in general each duct cleaning job takes about 4-6 hours.
How much does duct cleaning cost?
Contrary to some advertising that you may see from unscrupulous companies, a good duct cleaning will not cost $49.99. If it sounds too good to be true it is. We charge by the number of air handlers, returns and the complexity of each job. On average you can expect to pay $450-$1500 depending on the size of your system(s) and home.
Does your cleaning service include dryer vent cleaning?
We provide dryer vent cleaning as an additional service or standalone service. We can remove bird nests, wasp nests and years of accumulated lint. This service should be provided yearly to ensure proper operation of your dryer and limit the risk of household fires.
Is there a guarantee that comes with duct cleaning?
Yes, as the owner of Envirocare I became passionate about air duct cleaning after I had the ducts cleaned at my own home. The company was unprofessional, treated us poorly and the ducts weren’t even clean. I knew that our company could do it better, so I took action. I decided to offer a very simple warranty. If you’re not happy with our service, we’ll return to your home free of charge. If you’re still unhappy I’ll come out myself to address the issue. If you remain unhappy, I’ll refund the original cost of your service.
Contact us at 1-888-879-6481 to learn more about Duct Cleaning services from Envirocare.