Tiny and fast-moving, fleas can be a real pain to get rid of. They are typically brought into the house by pets and people, but can even be found in homes with no pets – particularly if you have a wildlife problem (such as raccoons living in a crawl space or under your deck.)
Fleas can be a problem year round, but they are most likely to be indoors during the months of August through November.
FAQs: Flea Control from Envirocare Pest Control
How should we prepare for flea treatment?
In the 24 hours prior to your flea treatment, you will need to:
- Empty all closets.
- Remove books, toys, magazines, etc. from the floor.
- Remove all other clutter from the home, including the basement. This is especially important if you have cats. Cats can go anywhere and tend to drop eggs in inconvenient areas.
- Remove sheets from all beds.
- Remove any storage under all beds.
- Vacuum the entire home and discard of the vacuum bag. Vacuuming stimulates pupal casings (which are impervious to our materials) to hatch.
- Remove any birds from the home; turn off and cover fish tanks.
What happens during flea treatment?
Fleas can be anywhere, so we treat 100% of the floors in your home with materials to kill adult fleas and prevent new fleas from becoming sexually mature.
Can my family remain at home during the flea treatment?
No, you must leave the home, along with any children and pets. You’ll need to remain out of the house for 4-5 hours or until the flooring is dry.
What should we do after the flea treatment?
You must vacuum regularly for 2 weeks to remove dead fleas and any live fleas. This will also stimulate any pupal casings to hatch so that they contact the material we put down.
How much does your flea treatment service cost?
Flea treatments start at $275.
Is there a warranty for flea treatment?
We offer a 6-month warranty for our flea treatments.
Can you also treat pets for fleas?
No. Please contact a veterinarian for flea treatments on your pets.
Don’t go crazy trying to find and eradicate fleas as they take over your home. Call Envirocare Pest Control at 888.879.6481 or contact us online – we can help.